In the spring, when the first heat is coming out, it is high time to look after the garden and prepare it for the coming summer. Indeed, the garden is not only a sort of a “bonus” to your home, it is an extension of your cozy nest that deserves just as much attention as the interior parts, and that can bring you a lot of satisfaction. Here are some ideas to decorate your garden perfectly and make it irresistible.
Some tips to know before you start
To decorate your garden correctly, start with these tips from gardeners and outdoor decorators:
- Prepare the space: draw plans, compartmentalize your garden, do spaces for the vegetable garden, playground, etc. Everything must be well organized in your head in advance. Put it all down in a paper to remember everything.
- Do not succumb to the accumulation: your garden must remain a friendly and healthy place, and not become a shambles or a storeroom. There is no point in installing 50 garden gnomes when one or two can do the job with beautifully.
- Do not be too functional: the garden is a real part of the house like the living room, the kitchen and the bedrooms. Thus, you should take care of its decoration and its atmosphere. Your garden is more than asimple impersonal place of passage.
Now, start decorating your garden
Setting up the garden is an essential step,it allows you to lay the foundations before the decoration operation itself. It’s about creating a pleasant landscape to look at where you can realize all of your good ideas. For that:
- Mow and water the lawn to make it perfect.
- Trim the plants: hedges, bushes, trees.
- Clean the water points if you have some (pond, fountain).
- Get rid of everything that hangs around if it is useless (old objects, worm-eaten wood, decanted flower pots…)
Then you can think of the decoration itself. First, you canset up a small vegetable garden in a corner of the spot, and enclose the different spaces of the surface by pots of flowers and original and colorfulplants. For example, you can separate the garden terrace, or the vegetable garden, with a flowery course.
Do not neglect the lighting which, in addition to being functional, gives a definite charm to the exterior decoration. Floor lamps, bright arches, garlands… There are many possibilities to meet every need and style. You can purchase a non cross-linked polyethylene foam to secure those fragile items before installing them.
Finally, you can improve the practical side: a garden needs to be maintained with tools and accessories that must be stored without creating any apparent disorder. Opt for a pretty wooden hut and install it in the bottom of the garden. Or maybe you prefer more modern solutions such as a recycled cabinet transformed into a shelter.